Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:41:22 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@express.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem not single open() of '/dev/mixer' in -CURRENT

After ubgrade to -CURRENT I have found that it is not possible open
mixer device twice and more. Second open gets EBUSY.

It is usual practice that on there is more than one program on desktop
opening mixer - for me it wmmixer, wmtune (both WindowMaker applets)
and xmms or xmcd.

Under RELENG_4 - there was no problem with it.

Is it principial or conceptual problem ?

I've fix it with small patch, but I want to understand why it so in
-CURRENT ?

--
TSB Russian Express, Moscow
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov, vova@express.ru