Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:15:58 -0500
From:      Steve Fettig <lists@stevenfettig.com>
To:        Jon Larssen <jonlarssen@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RELEASE & VMware 3.0

<snip>
>> doesn't work for *me*.  I am investigating why it isn't
>> working, but for now don't know and don't have the time
>> to figure it out...
>

> Well, that exactly what was happening to me. In light of the recent ATA
> problems, I decided to go SCSI and now I have a working FreeBSD
> 4.6-RELEASE system under VMware 3.0.0. Under that virtual machine the
> SCSI adapter is a BusLogic.
>
> Regards,
> Jon.

Jon,

I tried what you mentioned in VMWare (my version is 3.1) and still have
problems with it locking up - not in the same place, but same result
(even using SCSI).  You mentioned a "recent ATA" problem, but I don't
understand whether you are relating to FreeBSD 4.6 or VMWare...
Just curious.

Thanks,
Steve