Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 1997 17:12:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i refuse to spend the $$$

> There is no good reason in the world I should have to go out and spend
> $400+ dollars on a 2940 and scsi cdrom just so I can digitally pull a
> couple tracks off of a cdrom, therefore I am requesting that someone point
> me towards info (i guess ioctls) i need to get tracks off an atapi cdrom
> --- I sure hope the atapi drivers support this??  Since its not fair that
> lame ass windows users should be able to do this but I can not.

Well, then you'd better be prepared to do some programming ("What?
Jamil write code?  Aieee!") since they don't support it.

And no, I don't want to hear you whinging next about how horrible this
is.  Either be willing to fix it yourself (and with nothing more than
the source code as a reference since nobody here has time to help you
sort through the details or it'd be done already) or get used to it.

					Jordan