Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 06:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@source.net>
To:        George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help getting back-to-back PCA200E working

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, George Michaelson wrote:

> I've just got subscribed to the list, and in the last 2 weeks
> also have just got two Fore PCA200E cards compiled into my
> FreeBSD-3.1 kernels.
>
> wired 'em up back-to-back with a crossover fibre patchlead.
>
> I can bring each up to a point, but I can't seem to get SIGPVC
> and subsequent atm commands to bring up a PVC with any kind of
> upper payload to do IP.

Maybe you have already tried this, but it *should* be as simple as:

atm set netif atm 1         (or whatever interface name you like)
ifconfig atm0 192.168.0.1   (your if address here)
atm attach hfa0 sigpvc
atm add pvc hfa0 0 33 aal5 snap ip atm0 192.168.0.2 (endpoint here)

If you just want a single point-to-point connection, you shouldn't
need UNI or SPANS signalling.

All the best,

-Richard

  Richard Hodges    |    (775) 332-3200
SourceNet / Alpine  | 200 South Virginia St.
  rh@source.net     |       Suite 460
finger for pgp key  |     Reno, NV 89501