Date:      Mon, 15 May 95 15:44:17 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        sef@kithrup.com, bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu
Subject:   Re: login.c environ=envinit ?

> > I'm
> > a little hesitant to risk 4G of disk contents (even though it is backed
> > up doubly to QIC tape), both because my house isn't well net-connected
> > and because I don't have a CDROM to fix things in case of problems.
>
> Would a 2.0.5 CD change your mind?

It'd help; I'll buy one when it comes out.  8-).

> > Not
> > to mention that I'll have to throw out or rewrite a lot of file system
> > and networking and internationalization code to get back to where I am
> > today.
>
> Unfortunately, that code is going to have to be re-written in *any* case
> if you want that code to ever become part of a BSD release.

Depends on how much additional code I rewrite.  8-).  But you are
probably right -- there's just too darn many things to work on.  8-(.

> The longer you put it off, the harder it will be to bring it into
> -current.

Not really -- putty-work is putty-work.  It's all grunt-work to wedge
stuff from one platform to another.  It's probably why I tend to put
it off (above and beyond hardware issues).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.