Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 17:54:52 EDT
From:      matt payne <mattapayne@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Slow connection speed FBSD->FBSD on same LAN?

Hi,

I'm running 4.3-Stable on my desktop and 4.3-Release on my server.

Here's the problem: Any transfers between my computer and the server are
insanely
slow. That includes scp, ftp and http. For example, to access the small
webpage I'm working on (~56K), takes at least 1 min. and sometimes more.
The http server is Apache.

Here's the weird part: I also have 2 windows machines connected to this LAN
and for them, speed is as it should be....including ftp and http speeds.

The server is an AMD K6-2-300 w/32mb ram. Not much, I know, but it should
be sufficient for the tasks of running natd/ipf and a web server, no?

My computer and the others on the LAN can access and download from the net
normally. The problem is only between the 2 bsd boxes.

I've tried changing nics in both machines as well as changing the ip of my
computer as well as the port it plugs into on the hub. Nothing.....

Anyone want to take a shot?

Regards,
Matt