Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Manas Bhatt <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make depend failed

hi all,
    i tried upgrading from 4.0 to 4.3. But "make
depend" fails with  the  following error :
cc -c -O -pipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls
-Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wcast-qual
-fformat-extensions -ansi -g -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../..
-I../../../include  -D_KERNEL -include
opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
../../i386/i386/genassym.c
cc1: Invalid option `preferred-stack-boundary=2'
cc1: Invalid option `-fformat-extensions'

*** Error code 1

can anybody tell what is happening? If some more
information is required, do let me know.
thanks
manas