Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 21:21:57 -0500
From:      "Robert Z. McFarland" <webmaster@wj.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "curtis" <mithra@bga.com>
Subject:   FTP Install Problem

Dear Sir(s):

Here is my problem with the 2.2.2-RELEASE during FTP installation:

   I have a NE2000 ethernet board and it seems to be recognized
   OK by the boot diskette during initial config/setup but the
   ethernet card (ed0) times out when I submit the ftp connect menu.

I'm not sure of the IRQ and address on my ethernet board since it
is jumperless, and that makes me wonder if FreeBSD is really
in sync with the hardware.

Please recommend an ethernet board I can physically jumper or
advise of possible solutions.

Thanks Greatly in Advance,

Rob

--
Robert Z. McFarland                       __            __