Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 18:40:41 +0000 ()
From:      Richard J Uren <richard@thehub.com.au>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk not identifying properly.

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > So I just got a new Conner CFP4207S out of the box & plugged it in to my
> > adaptec 2940 SCSI card and behold the Conner identifies itself
> > as SCSI ID 0,1,2,3,4,5 & 6 on the bus. But the card gets its own ID (7)
> > correct.
> >
> > Other devices are : Seagate SCSI ID 2.
> >
> > This is before FreeBSD even boots - at the BIOS SCSI id inquiry phase.
> >
> > Ive had this problem before with another Conner Disk on this card but
> > in different cabling & SCSI ID configurations. That disk was a CFP2107S.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
> >

> does it identify as all TARGETS or all LUNs?
>
> how can it identify as target 2 if there is already a target 2?

Wierd, it overrides everything including existing devices.
It identifies itself as filling every Logical Unit in the chain,
except the SCSI adapter itself.

It comes up during the SCSI card detect device bit, where the card
prints up all the devices connected to it, & there it is 6 times.

The drive led flickers as it replies to the probes from the card
for each LU.

Double checked terminations - they look ok.

The same drive works fine in a Buslogic 445S.

?????