Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 02:47:50 -0500
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>
To:        "N. R.R." <robalama@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: root directory link

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 06:23:57PM -0800, N. R.R. wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> What problems might I encounter if I move my root directory to
> /usr/root/ and create a symbolic link?

Remember that when you boot in single user mode, no file system mounts
are done.  So if root's home directory doesn't exist, a single user
shell will not be able to find /root/.profile, so it'll read /.profile
if it's there.  Other than that, you won't see much of a difference.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                            <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Development                         vox: +1 416 598 0000