Date:      Sun, 19 May 2019 16:10:09 -0500
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Unclear On The New MDS Patch

OK, so I have a confusion (nothing new there ...).  I am running 11.3-PRE.
Some questions:

1) If I put this in rc.conf:

      microcode_update_enable="YES"

   and reboot, is that sufficient to fix the problem or do I have to install
   packages, etc. to always get the latest microcode.

2) If I compile a new kernel at the appropriate or later Revision level
   will it automatically pick up the latest microcode and install at boot
   time/userland startup time or is there more to it.

3) Is this a necessary patch if I am running a FreeBSD instance on a
   cloud provider like (AWS, GCP, or DigitalOcean), or are they on the
   hook to resolve it in their virtualization environments?

I am looking for a solution here that is hands off and automatically upgrade
microcode as required.

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com