Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:20:19 +0200
From:      Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Angelin Lalev <lalev@uni-svishtov.bg>
Subject:   Re: passing parameters to configure script of a port

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Angelin Lalev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build squid from ports, but I need to pass some custom options to
> configure script. Something more, I want to be sure that when I run
> portupdate it won't revert to default options. Which is the right way to do
> this ?
You can use something like this in make.conf:

# insert your own leet matching pattern here
CURRENT_PORT=${.CURDIR:C/.*ports\///}

.if ${CURRENT_PORT} == "category/name"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --some-option
# you can also change things like CFLAGS here.
.endif

Some ports set CONFIGURE_ARGS explicitly, making the above not work. To work
around this, set CONFIGURE_ARGS on the make command line. You can then add it
to the MAKE_ARGS list in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to make it work when
upgrading using portupgrade.

HTH,
Pieter de Goeje