Date:      Sat, 08 Nov 1997 19:08:48 -0800
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@wrs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setup for a Toshiba 440CDX...

Hi Folks,

	I've got FreeBSD 2.2.2 almost perfectly working on my Toshiba
440CDX.  The only problems I'm having are:

1) Getting it to recognize the CDROM.  This is supposedly an ATAPI
device that is the first device on the second IDE channel.  I cannot
seem to get the OS to recognize it.  Is there a kernel configuration
line that I need?

2) Getting pccardd to see and configure my 3Com Etherlink III
(3C589C).  This supposedly ep0 (though if I'm not using pccardd I can
build a kernel that recognizes it correctly as zp0).  Again, is there
a kernel configuration line that I need.?

Thanks,
George