Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:32:24 -0800
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lcc: anyone wants another C compiler?

Yes, FreeBSD and Linux ports are necessary for more efficient
development of SciTech's SDD (SciTech Display Doctor) for X universal
video adapter driver to get off the ground.  The "nucleus" of the driver
is a PE excutable that is the same across all platforms.  The rest of
the driver infrastructure is designed to load the PE excutable and use
it's code to operate the video adapter.  Currently, this works well only
for OS/2 and WinDoze because WATCOM already works on these two
platforms.  SciTech is involved in the OpenWatcom Project to keep their
prefered compiler going and simplify their tool chains.  The same is
also true for SciTech's MGL graphics library.

jmc