Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:57:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@ravenock.cybercity.dk>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        hitman.jack@djo.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello again

> >Hello again, sorry to bother you, i sent mail a few days ago with
> >problems with the display, if you remember.  Well now i have tried 3
> > different video cards made by different companies and none of them
> >work.  Well, kind of.  My old one doesnt work at all, the display gets
> >screwed up, one of the new ones display gets messed up too, although it
> >is a different kind of mess up, with colored blocks that flash, probably
> >the same problem as before.  And the last one, well, i thought it
> >worked, because i booted a 2.1.7 kernel with 3.0 on disk and it worked
> >fine, then later when some stuff happened and i was going to install 3.0
> >all over again with the 3.0 kernel and it froze up when it went into the
> >setup, no graphics weirdness, it just froze.  Sorry to keep bothering
> >you peoople with my little troubles, i'll find someone else to pester
> >sometime soon now.  I would appreciate help though.  thanks.
>
>    You may wish to check the ISA bus speed in the motherboard BIOS
> configuration. It sounds like it might be set too fast (>8.5MHz).

Erhm, do you have a pentium machine ??
Try disableing the pentium optimised bcopy and friends by giving
npx a 0x7 flag setting in userconfig, if that helps you have HW
thats broken in that respect...

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..