Date:      05 Oct 1999 08:48:33 +0200
From:      sperber@Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -DNOCLEAN failure

>>>>> "Kris" =3D=3D Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

Kris> On 4 Oct 1999, Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] wrote:

>> This is possibly a stupid newbie question; I'm doing my first serious
>> stable build, cvsupped yesterday.
>> =

>> I'm doing the build in AFS using arla, which is not absolutely stable
>> yet.  The build gets far, but arla will usually quit before the build
>> finishes completely.  Hence, I'm using to -DNOCLEAN to restart the
>> build.  This fails in one place:
>> =

>> The buildworld tries to overwrite readonly files via vanilla cp -p to
>> =

>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin
>> =

>> which fails.  I need to do

Kris> Why are these files readonly?

Because make buildworld created them readonly.

Kris> make world is _supposed_ to write to the files under /usr/obj.

Well, yeah, exactly, but it can't.

Kris> I'm not sure what you mean by readonly, either

The files have no w flag set.

-- =

Cheers =3D8-} Mike
Friede, V=F6lkerverst=E4ndigung und =FCberhaupt blabla