Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:42:41 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
Subject:   Re: [regression] : 8.0-BETA3 (and BETA2?) acpi_hpet0 fails on TYAN H2000M

On Monday 24 August 2009 4:54:13 pm Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2009/8/24 John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>:
> > On Saturday 22 August 2009 1:20:18 pm Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a regression with acpi_hpet on a Tyan H2000M MB :
> >>
> >> =A0 acpi_hpet0: <High Precision Event Timer> iomem 0xfed00000-0xfed03f=
ff on=20
acpi0
> >> =A0 acpi_hpet0: HPET never increments, disabling
> >> =A0 device_attach: acpi_hpet0 attach returned 6
> >> =A0 [twice]
> >>
> >> it exists at least since Aug16 sources (I just looked at
> >> the 'netif' problems on this board which BTW are indeed fixed
> >> by recent flowtable init changes)
> >
> > Perhaps the recent ACPI-CA update is when this broke?
>=20
> Sorry for hijacking the thread (and not reporting this before) but
> maybe my issues with acpi_aiboost are related. It won't attach on my
> ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe (latest BIOS) since the ACPICA update (which also
> made "est" attach successfully on this ASUS board) :
>=20
> acpi_aiboost0: <ASUStek AIBOOSTER> on acpi0
> NOREF
> BAD DATA
> device_attach: acpi_aiboost0 attach returned 22

I would figure out what function in it's attach routine is failing with EIN=
VAL=20
and drill down from there.  It looks like it is dying trying to=20
evaluate "TSIF", "VSIF", or "FSIF".  Maybe add some printfs to see which on=
e=20
and print out the 'elem->Type' in the "NOREF" error message.  You could als=
o=20
just print the 'name' there as well which would help perhaps.

=2D-=20
John Baldwin