Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 07:37:39 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-Hackers)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Subject:   Re: mounting

As Chuck Robey wrote:

> mount -t nfs -I512 -o -r1024 -w1024 remote_machine:/path /path
>
> If there's equal signs that have to go in there, I guess I'll find out.
> The man page isn't clear on that.

The -I is IMHO unnecessary.  However, you ought to group -o options
by commas:

	mount [-t nfs] -o -r1024,-w1024 remote:/path /path

The -t nfs is not really required.  The -w1024 ain't required either,
since your machine with the slow card is of course allowed to send
full packets.  It's only that it can't receive a full 8 KB NFS packet.

--
cheers, J"org