Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:50:38 -0500
From:      ajm <ajm91qw@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Patrick Bowen <pbowen@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Window Manager Opinions

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 07:02:17PM -0500, Patrick Bowen wrote:
> Huy Ton That wrote:
>
> >Just a general question; not sure if it belongs in questions but let me
> >know
> >otherwise.  I'm currently using gnome2 as my desktop environment on RC
> >6.1but it is a little dry;  What are you all using out there and any
> >reasons as
> >to behind the decision and such.

I have used Gnome, KDE and Xfce...now I am using Fluxbox.  I like it
because it is very simple.  Don't like much of the "eye candy" that
the others have.  You need to try a few to see which one is best for
you.  Here is a web site I used to get information of the above
mentioned, as well as others.
http://xwinman.org/
Good luck and have fun in your search...

--
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE i386 GENERIC