Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:23:58 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD clustering

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Is there any FreeBSD support for clustering? I know several companies
> make cluster controllers for Linux systems, but I have no idea if anyone
> has looked into whether these could be used with FreeBSD.

What exactly do you mean by "clustering"?

There are different resource available, depening on what network service
you need to cluster.  mod_backhand for Apache allows multiple web servers
to act as one (for example)

Last I looked, everything that I found available for Linux was also
available for FreeBSD, but it's been a little while since I've explored
the concept of "processing farms".

If you state what you're trying to accomplish, it will give folks a
better idea of how to answer.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies