Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:54:15 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        hetzels@westbend.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_apache port install

Oops.  The listing below was left out.  It should appear between the lines:
"checking whether we are using GNU C... yes"
and
"configure:1747: cc -E conftest."
in the listing from my previous email.

It seems that in addition to the pthread problems, that I listed in my last
email, there is an APXS problem.  I am using the mod_Apache port.  I already
have used the port to install Apache+ssl+fp.  I'm not entirely familiar with
the mechanisms used by the mod_Apache port, but I thought that it used APXS
- but I don't show APXS as "installed."

John

configure: error: Sorry, I cannot run apxs. Either you need to install Perl
or you need to pass the absolute path of apxs by using
--with-apxs=/absolute/path/to/apxs
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for AIX... no
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether cc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for pthreads_cflags... -pthread
checking for pthreads_lib...

Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache module support via DSO through APXS... -q: not found

configure: error: Sorry, I cannot run apxs. Either you need to install Perl
or you need to pass the absolute path of apxs by using
--with-apxs=/absolute/path/to/apxs
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:1236: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:1289: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:1346: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1392: checking for working aclocal
configure:1405: checking for working autoconf
configure:1418: checking for working automake
configure:1431: checking for working autoheader
configure:1444: checking for working makeinfo
configure:1474: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles
configure:1503: checking host system type
configure:1531: checking for bison
configure:1531: checking for byacc
configure:1578: checking for gcc
configure:1691: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe ) works
configure:1707: cc -o conftest -O -pipe   conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1733: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe ) is a
cross-compiler
configure:1738: checking whether we are using GNU C