Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:19:52 EST
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports questions

Hi:

Could someone answer some basic questions for me?

1. How smart is ports?  If I want to delete a port/pkg that another port/pkg
depends on, will the ports system warn me before doing so?  Will the Ports
system delete all the dependancy applications that were installed to support
an application that was installed?  If so, will it warn me if any of those
dependancy apps have other apps that depend on them?

2.  I would like to install Apache with PHP, Jserv, mod_Perl, SSL, and
FrontPage extensions.  Is there such a thing?  How would I go about creating
this?  Would I simply 'make package' with the various Apache+ ports, then
compile Apache?

Thanks for any info.

John