Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:04:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        davids@webmaster.com (David Schwartz)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org, crh@outpost.co.nz, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

> > > Is it possible for company to cause the adoption of lesser
> > > technology purely by business/marketing tactics?
> >
> > Yes.  It required the ability to wield what is called "monopolistic
> > power" in the marketplace.  If you can wield this power, you can
> > subvert normal free-market pressures, and by subverting, ignore them.
>
> Then why is it that not one single clear example of this has ever been
> found? This must be some extreme usage of the word "possible".

I don't understand what you mean; do you mean "has ever been found
by David"?

I can cite many examples.

I also don't understand whether you are referring to the wielding
of monopolistic power, or the adoption of a lesser technology.

I can cite many examples of either, if you would clarify what it is
you are talking about.

Thanks,

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org