Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:19:56 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1-RELEASE and boot.flp

> Bill wrote:
>
> > The README says:
> > As long as the kernel is compiled with
> > ``options MFS'' and ``options MFS_ROOT'', it will properly look for
> > and boot an mfsroot.flp image in memory when run (see how the
> > /boot/loader.rc file in kern.flp does its thing).
> rick hamell wrote:
>         Well, I got that to work, I think. :) I had to still keep it from
> come up. But it still bails after seeing my SCSI drive and card. It
> dosen't say that it can't INIT SCSI this time, instead it just says that
> it's going to reboot. :(
>         Is there some sort of problem with the da driver that I'm not
> aware of? My 2.2.7 system is using the sd driver there which caused me
> some confusion at first....:)

Not that I know of. I have not used to 2 floppy method yet.
I installed 3.0-RELEASE ok, doing a fresh install.
So, the da* just showed up for me and worked fine.
I'm thinking of going to 3.1-STABLE soon (elf kernel).
I was going to try to set up the 2 floppy boot first.
Didn't know it was such a hassle.