Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 13:52:02 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   question/rant: upgrade kit for 3.x ports?!

Does someone have the "upgrade your 3.x system so it can still use ports
package" available SOMEWHERE?

Okay, so I can understand that 3.x "isn't supported"

But no upgrade kit for the ports tree?  When there USED to be?

No old package repositories?

What does a person do when they want to reinstall postfix on their 3.5-RELEASE
machine?  "make world"?!  AUGHGHG!!!

I have a box that had a screwed up Postfix installation, so I deleted the
package, and went to ports to rebuild it, and it tells me I need an upgrade
kit, which I remember USED TO BE available, so HALF of my 3.x boxes can still
use ports, the other half can't.  And now if I want to reinstall Postfix on
this machine I get to fetch and build the tarballs myself.

Well, except that HALF of my 3.x machines can still use ports and build a
package for it.

That sucks.

Grrr.

Thanks,