Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:36:50 -0400
From:      Bigwillie <mvanberk@optonline.net>
To:        "Tomlinson, Drew" <Drew.Tomlinson@lc.ca.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How To Specify Name Server Address

--=====================_48565436==_.ALT

Edit /etc/resolv.conf:
domain       <your_domain>
nameserver   <primary_DNS_server_address>
nameserver   <secondary_DNS_server_address>

At 07:37 PM 9/28/00 , you wrote:

>I apologize for the simple question but I haven't been able to find the
>answer.  I want to know how I specify the name server address that FreeBSD
>should use for name resolution.  I would assume it is an entry in rc.conf
>similar to the ip address and the gateway address but I can't find any
>info in either the /etc/defaults/rc.conf or the books I have.
>
>TIA.
>
>Drew

Steiny's Studio
Pachyderm Productions
http://steiny.hypermart.net
mailto:info@steiny.hypermart.net

domain&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <i>&lt;your_domain&gt;<br>
</i>At 07:37 PM 9/28/00 , you wrote:<br>
question but I haven't been able to find the answer.&nbsp; I want to know
how I specify the name server address that FreeBSD should use for name
resolution.&nbsp; I would assume it is an entry in rc.conf similar to the
ip address and the gateway address but I can't find any info in either
the /etc/defaults/rc.conf or the books I have.<br>
TIA. <br>