Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:10:02 GMT
From:      Norbert Koch <nkoch@gmx.de>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/144145: www/firefox: Firefox 3.6 does not allow any https-connection

The following reply was made to PR ports/144145; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Norbert Koch <nkoch@gmx.de>
To: Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:34:47 +0100

 Beat Gaetzi schrieb:
 > Hi,
 >
 > As I'm still not able to reproduce this problem on all of my
 > workstations could you please test if this problem still occur with the
 > latest build candidate of Firefox 3.6.2.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Beat

 Hello,

 I just installed the official 3.6.2 port.
 This is my output from pkg_info:
   firefox-3.6.2,1
   firefox-i18n-3.6.2

 After starting Firefox with my existing ~/.mozilla
 settings directory it crashed immediately.

 After renaming ~/.mozilla, Firefox started.
 Non-https connections worked (as expected).

 Then I tried this:

 1. One of my websites with a certificate from cacert.org.
  Firefox complained as expected. After confirming to add a
  security exception Firefox correctly showed my site.

 2. The banking portal of Deutsche Bank: Firefox hangs.

 3. The banking portal of Sparkasse Siegen: Firefox hangs.

 4. I manually imported cacert's root certificate. Now my
  website certified from cacert became inaccessible and Firefox hanged too!

 5. I deleted the security exception for my site and cacert's certificate.
  After restarting Firefox (not before) my site was accessible again
  after confirming a security exception as above.

 Does this help?
 Is there any information from my FreeBSD installation that could help?