Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      robert t tan <rotan@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;

Hi,

I have a Micron Millenium system that ran fine with
RELEASE 2.2.2, and win95. At that time I had a Buslogic
SCSI controller that ran my hard drive (8 bit) and
cdrom drive (8 bit).

I replaced my old ( crashed ) hard drive with a new
2G, Western Digital ( SCSI Wide ), and the Buslogic
card, with an Adaptec (AHA-2940UW).

The result is that I can't boot FreeBSD. I terminated
all right, as Win95 has no problems getting up.
Win95 has a partition of 250M.

I Disabled the following options in the BIOS.
. > 1 GB
. Plug And Play Operating System ( both in mainboard and adapter )

Also tried disconnecting the CDROM drive, same output.
Also took note of http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html#micron,
but did not try to switch the adapter to a different slot, as
the system does seem to find it.

I am getting the following system messages when my
system is trying to boot, RELEASE2.2.6/updates/boot.flp. ( about 7/8/98 ).

	DPT: RAID Manager driver, version 1.0.1
	Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
	chip0 <intel 82437FX PCI cache memory controller> rev 2 on pci0:0:0
	chip1 <intel 82371FB PCI-ISA bridge> rev 2 on pci0:0:0
	ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 1 in 1 irq 11 on pci0:17:0
	ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 116 SCBs
	ahc0: waiting for SCSI devices to settle
	ahc0: board is not responding
	cmd fail
	(ahc0:0:0): SCB 0x1 timed out with recovery in progress
	(ahc0:0:0): "unknown unknown ????" type 13 fixed SCSI 0
	uk1 (ahc0:0:1): Unknown
	ahc0: board is not repsonding
	..

I noticed people are having problems with this card, in
maybe similar ways. But I haven't found a specific response
yet that seems to solve it.

So what is the fix to this ?

Tnx a multi bunch,

robert t tan. ( rotan@cs.pdx.edu )