Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:03:56 +0000
From:      Jim Hatfield <jim.hatfield@isltd.insignia.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Monitor documentation for XFree86

Hello,

I've just got 2.2.8 - I held off installing earlier versions because
they didn't like my 3Com card. I also have the book "The Complete
FreeBSD" which I'm using for installation advise.

The section on the xf86config tool mentions a monitor database,
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Monitors, however I don't have this - in fact
I don't have /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc at all. I did a standard "X
developers" install with no tweaks - is this something that's changed
between 2.2.5, which I think the book was written for, and 2.2.8.

I did look at the FAQ and searched www.freebsd.org, but couldn't find
anything relevant - apologies if it's something stupid on my part.

Jim Hatfield