Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:14:31 -0400
From:      Kitt Diebold <kitt-lists@connecticom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fbsd ftp site slow

It has been very slow for us over the past week - we haven't been
able to do anthing from it at all. Traceroutes to it are fine, and
our machine(s) connect fine, but just hang when it's time to transfer.

We're using ftp5.freebsd.org with very good results.

YMMV

-Kitt

>On Thursday, 22 July 1999 at 14:15:28 -0400, Zhihui Zhang wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there a reason that the fbsd site is so slow?  I was going
> >> to do an ftp install of 3.2 but can't.
> >
> > I just installed FreeBSD 3.2-release yesterday from the primary site, the
> > speed is only 4KB/sec.
>
>Remember that the speed isn't just the site, it's the path from there
>to you.  I haven't had any problems in the past.
>
>Greg
>--
>When replying to this message, please copy the original recipients.
>For more information, see http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
>See complete headers for address, home page and phone numbers
>finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

Netsville, Inc.
716 232-5670
mailto:kitt@netsville.com