Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:28:35 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        =?big5?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: symbios card...

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 04:46:34PM +0100, Gérard Roudier scribbled:
| On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Mark Abene wrote:
| > Would anyone care to comment on whether the Symbios 53C825 (NOT 825A) is
| > supported by FreeBSD?  I saw mention of the 825A in the hardware list, but
| SYM driver, as the sym-2.1.6 available from
| http://people.freebsd.org/~groudier/

I have been using the SYM U160 driver on both Alpha and i386 with no problem.
(And many people agree with me on that sym driver/chipset >> Adaptec *
However, is there a reason why the driver is different from the one
in the base system?  i.e. Why do you keep two copies of the driver? :)