Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:30:20 +1000
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quotas with Sendmail

Hi all,

Im just implimenting quotas onto a FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE box, and have come up
against a bit of a conundrum.

I want to have 2 parts set for quotas. Their user directory, and their mail
file. I have the user directory working just fine and when I try to put
files into it, it denies any over the quota.....

but /var/mail is the one giving me grief. The quota knows its over (example
below) but mail just keeps getting shoved into the email box, and
increasing the already over quota quota.

     /var/mail     360*     50     100   7days       1       0       0

I have a feeling there has to be some other config done with sendmail,
possibly with permissions, but I havent been able to find any info about
what needs to be done to get sendmail to reject messages of the user is
over quota.

Any info where I should look to find the answer will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
--
       Chris Aitken - Webmaster/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
email: chris@ideal.net.au  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890