Date:      Wed, 08 May 2013 15:53:32 +0100
From:      Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
To:        "firmdog@gmail.com" <firmdog@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: small fanless mini-pc for home router/firewall?

On 05/08/13 15:48, Arthur Chance wrote:
> On 05/08/13 15:10, firmdog@gmail.com wrote:
>> What is the best option out there for a mini-pc to run FreeBSD as a home
>> router/firewall?  (needs to have 2 nic's)
>
> I use an alix2d3 running embedded pfSense as a 3 NIC (WAN, LAN, DMZ)
> router. If you only need 2 NICs go for the alix2d2. You can also add two
> mini-PCI WiFi cards to the 2d2 (or one to the 2d3) should you want WiFi
> as well.
>
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm
>
> I think you can get these from a supplier in the US as well, but someone
> else will have to tell you who.

As soon as I sent that I noticed the "shop" link on the Alix page gives
you a list of providers round the world. They've expanded their outlets
a lot since I bought mine.

--
In the dungeons of Mordor, Sauron bred Orcs with LOLcats to create a
new race of servants. Called Uruk-Oh-Hai in the Black Speech, they

		_Lord of the Rings 2.0, the Web Edition_