Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 17:02:20 -0400
From:      "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   [sales@insat.zoneit.com: Re: Hawaii?  Protocol documentation?]

Well, it won't be useful to *me* anytime soon :-(

I wonder if IP tunneling would be useful here...
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 16:57:48 -0400
From: Adam <sales@insat.zoneit.com>
To: "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Hawaii?  Protocol documentation?

Joel N. Weber II wrote:

> Are you planning to offer service in Hawaii?

Hawaii is not currently in our coverage range, however this fall we will
be offering an upgrade to satellite connections.  We will then offer
service throughout the entire US and when the rest of our satellites are
up we will be world-wide.  We expect to be world-wide by early next
spring so keep an eye out.  We are constantly adding new service areas
and once we have good coverage maps available I will post them on my web
site.

We have a Linux driver developed and I'm pretty sure it can be ported to
Free-BSD.

Due to system limitations you can only be assigned one IP address per
unit. Sorry.

Thanks,
Adam

> Are you planning to provide documentation so that it will be easy to write
> drivers for freely distributed operating systems such as freebsd and Linux?
>
> Is it possible to get more than one IP address though one interface,
> and connect the interface to a machine with ethernet, so that a whole
> network can access your system?

- --

INSAT WIRELESS By AlphaCom

E-mail  : sales@insat.zoneit.com