Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 12:26:56 +0200
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd RC2 and fxp: SCB error

I have a vaio Z505SX running 4.6-RC2. It has a built in fxp.
It functions fine, however, when I disconnect the utp cable from
the fxp0 interface while it is still up, within one to about 30
minutes, the system will freeze completely.
Just before that, the kernel tried to print the SCB timeout error
message. It gets corrupted though. Some characters are replaced
by spaces, and some with characters\with the high bit set.

I haven't had time to look into this further due to that system being used
for a tutorial I have to gie shortly.

-Guido