Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:54:33 +0100
From:      ptitoliv <ptitoliv@frenchsuballiance.cjb.net>
To:        Mathieu CHATEAU <gollum123@free.fr>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth Problems with Freebsd 5.x

Mathieu CHATEAU a écrit :

>try this:
>ping -c 1000 -s 1500 IP_TO_PING
>
>wait for the 1000 ping to go trough. You should not have more than
>0,5% of loss (is the servers aren't overload). If it's more or equal
>than 0,5%, it comes from the network (cables or switches fault).
>Each host would be in 100 full (via autoselect to be sure the conf is
>ok on the switch).

I made the tests on the two boxes => 0 % packet loss.

I man an other interesting test. I try to transfert between the BSD Box
and a server located at home behind my 1MB/s ADSL Line. Here are the
results :

FreeBSD box => Workstation at home : 300 kB/s
Debian box on the same network  => Workstation at home : 950 kB/s.

This test confirms cleraly that there is a problem with the BSD, I guess.

Could it be a bug from the VR driver ?

Regards,
Ptitoliv