Date:      22 Sep 2007 01:39:19 -0000
From:      clear@moog.netaxs.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pre-geom vinum compatibility

I have a 4.11-R box that I'm planning on reinstalling a fresh 6.2-R on.  Not an "upgrade", but a fresh binary install after newfsing the system partitions.

A remaining planning issue is that I have a pre-GEOM vinum data volume on other disks.  The handbook mentions gvinum retaining the same disk metadata.  Does this mean that I should be able to mount that 4.11 vinum volume after 6.2 and gvinum is installed on the system disk?

Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks,

-Jed