Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:57:50 +0000
From:      cag <cgotzmann@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FREEBSD 4.0 & ppp in inetd.conf

I have recently loaded a new gateway to test my V3.3 configuration in
V4.0
everything almost works the same. I have a major problem with PPP

I have added in inetd.conf

ppp-in  stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/ppp ppp -direct ppp-in.

This will not start my ppp server. Why ?
the man ppp docs have not changed in V4.0 and still indicate this is
correct for ppp inbound connections. ?

I have looked at PPPOE but there are no docs to indicate if this is also
for a PPP server.

Thanks.....