Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:40:57 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdevelop

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 05:04:01PM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:58:49AM -0700, Bill wrote:
> > I use kdevelop for all my devel now in FreeBSD, works great, I just
> > installed with the port.

I used to use kdevelop. I switched to emacs. Kdevelop looks nifty, but there
was just too much stuff going on to be worth my while. Besides, emacs has
the most wonderful "out-of-the-box" cc-mode; it beats any editor hands-down.
That's basically the clincher: Emacs is a superior editor, and that's what I
need.

> also, i run under windowmaker.  i can still use the Qt library without kde,
> right?

That's what I did, run windowmaker and Qt. No problem at all.
--
David Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu