Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:35:03 +1030
From:      en0f <en0f@bokey.mine.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Script-friendly (parseble) ps(1) output?

Marian Hettwer wrote:

[ .. ]

> I wouldn't do that. IIRC procfs(5) is deprecated in FreeBSD.
> But I could be wrong...

Just wanted to point out since discussion of procfs came up -
I think this was FreeBSD6.2 IIRC, I had to mount /proc manually for a Java application to work because the code was implemented in Linux using JDK1.5
and a day came when our app had to run on FreeBSD =:-P). I still remember we had a heck of time trying to find a solution! This could probably help
some poor little bugger searching for solution in the future.

--
	en0f