Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:34:56 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        edwin chan <slack@suntop-cn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about natd punch-fw function

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:47:22PM +0800, edwin chan wrote:
> Hi
>   I can't understand what punch-fw options do, and  how it works ? anybody
> can teach me some about ?
>
> attention: please include my e-mail address in reply, I not order this
> maillist.

Basically, for FTP, the libalias code intercepts PORT command, aliases
it, and installs temporary firewall rule that allows incoming connection
from the server's TCP port 20 to come through.  After the connection is
dropped, the firewall rule is deleted.  Better viewed in action, just
try it with ftp(1) behind FireWall+NAT box (don't forget to turn the
passive mode off).

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,