Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 17:33:01 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <jshevland@rowantreesoftware.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nss_ldap and OpenLDAP client version

Hi,

I'm about to setup my jails so they authenticate against the 'host'
server using OpenLDAP and nss_ldap, pam_ldap and so on. I've done this
before but wanted to repeat the process because last time it ended up
being so much fiddling that when I finished I just left it alone - this
time I'm documenting it :) I packaged up versions of the port for
OpenLDAP 2.3 (well, actually 2.4 but that looks to just use 2.3 in any
case) and then went to package up the nss_ldap port but its after
OpenLDAP 2.2 stuff... I guess my question is whether this is intentional
(i.e. security related), or just a port maintenance issue? I would've
thought between 2.2->2.3 there's been a few security advisories... I
only did a lazy lightning google and came across a few
(http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2005/0947) is perhaps one.

Anyway, just thought I'd check. As punishment, if this is a stupid
question or has been answered before, happy to write up a tutorial as I
go as penance.

Cheers
Joe