Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:08:01 +0900
From:      Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, Joao Schim <joao@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org, Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch for netscape-remote

# Cc: maintainer added

At Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:46:22 +1000,
Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:32:07PM +0200, Joao Schim wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When trying to build linux-netscape from ports i got
> >
> > ===>  Extracting for netscape-remote-1.0_1
> > Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
> > (/usr/ports/www/netscape-remote/distinfo)
> >
> > anyone forgot to update md5's ?
>
> [/usr/ports/www/netscape-remote] root@k7>make fetch
> >> remote.c doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote.
> >> Attempting to fetch from http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/.
> fetch: remote.c: Moved Temporarily
> >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/.
> Receiving remote.c (18579 bytes): 100%
> 18579 bytes transferred in 5.0 seconds (3.62 kBps)
> >> vroot.h doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote.
> >> Attempting to fetch from http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/.
> fetch: vroot.h: Moved Temporarily
> >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/.
> Receiving vroot.h (4930 bytes): 100%
> 4930 bytes transferred in 1.7 seconds (2.81 kBps)
> [/usr/ports/www/netscape-remote] root@k7>make checksum
> >> Checksum OK for netscape-remote/remote.c.
> >> Checksum OK for netscape-remote/vroot.h.
>
> Nothing wrong here.

Since you fetched files from FreeBSD mirror site,
checksum matches trivially. The problem is that
those files cannot be fetched by fetch with -A option.

FYI, if I fetch those files manually by fetch without
-A option, checksum correctly matches.

To Joao:
Are you sure you don't have old distfiles under /usr/ports/distfiles ?
If there are, remove them before build the port.

Regards,
--
Yoichi Nakayama