Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:50:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        "W. D." <WD@US-Webmasters.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to stop SPAMMER??!

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, W. D. wrote:

> At 19:49 11/9/2002, Steve Wingate wrote:

> > 2. Are you the recipient of spam or is your box being used as a
> >relay?
>
> Relay.

If your system is an open relay, close it. I have no idea how to do
that with qmail--a web search will help.

In fact, if your system is an open relay, you should disconnect it from
the net until you have it closed.  There are two reasons for that.  The
first is to stop the abuse of your system.  The second is to keep your
system from being added to lists of open relays or spam sources.