Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:30:28 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: simple c i/o question

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:24:56PM -0500, Michael Lucas wrote:

> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > >Dumb-ass. :-)
> >
> > I wear the label proudly!  ;-)

Along with the rest of us who have been tricked by /bin/test during our
larval C programmer stages.

> > >Test is either a shell built-in, or a system utility (/bin/test).
> > >Either call your program something else or run it as ./test .
> > >
> > >How long did that one have you going? :-)
> >
> > Until about 30 seconds ago.  That was it!
> >
> > -=> jm <=-
>
> Jonathon,
>
> This is the first step on the path to enlightenment.  You may now
> consider yourself on the way to becoming a UNIX programmer.

The next one is, I'm afraid, more painful... typing "rm -fr ." while in
the wrong directory :-/

But every UNIX user has to fall through some classic traps, in his way
to elightenment (stay down, yes you, this is not about GNOME).

Ciao :-)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]