Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:00:09 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        eternal <eternal@antelecom.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is there a port.....

On July 12, 2004 02:56 pm, you wrote:
> > Don't know about a separate port that provides a download manager
> > (never went looking for one), but the kdenetwork port includes KGet
> > which can be run either as a separate daemon that watches the KDE
> > clipboard, or integrated as part of Konqueror.  The few times I
> > played with it, it was nifty.  Reminded me of GetRight back when it
> > was worth using.  Then I got a fast Internet connection and haven't
> > had to worry about download managers.  :)

> to use KDE ports, would i have to switch from using gnome?

Nope.  You just need the kdelibs (and maybe kdebase?) port installed in
order to use KDE apps.  The DE and window manager you use is
irrelevant.  When you start a KDE app, it will load the libs and
whatnot that it needs.

Or, you could search around the ports tree for a GNOME download manager
that would integrate with other GNOME apps a little better.  :)

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]