Date:      04 Jul 2004 10:29:18 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix postmap, when to use

"dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com> writes:

>     I've got a confusion issue, regarding postfix's postmap and when to use
> it. I've read some documentation that suggests you don't need to run it when
> making regexp or pcre map types such as in header_checks, yet the
> header_checks file supplied with postfix 2.1 suggests to run it. In addition
> hash and other types i'm similar confused. Has this changed from 2.0 to 2.1?

I don't actually understand the question, but I'll take a try at
answering anyway.

The postmap command is what creates the databases from the source
files that you create for the maps.  Regular expressions are normally
used in the source files as a syntax for the entries.

I suggest asking postfix questions on the postfix lists...