Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:43:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usbd does not use detach

In message: <200308150901.35745.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
: It should also have a hint to indicate that this device could potentially go
: away at any time, so it shouldn't cache anything if at all possible.
: (Although it would be good if the user could elect to override this in the
: interests of performance)
:
: I suspect that would require more significant changes though :)

I suspect that this would be as hard to implement as dealing with
things going away, and produce a system that is less desirable to
use.

Warner