Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:58:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ashok Gautham <script_devil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd install on an i386

I have downloaded the 6.1rc1 iso. I dont mind downloading the release
candidate compared to the mainstream because i have been using linux
for about 4 months and know my way around.
  I have to do the following,
      1) install freebsd(on a UFS file system) and dual  boot it with
windows XP(on fat32 not ntfs). Can freebsd bootmanager do  this by
itself??
      2) I use an adsl modem though ethernet card, i used to set it up
as eth0 in linux.
  It requires no password or user name.
  How do i do this in freebsd.
      Also is there a journalized filesystem and locate command in
freebsd??
  Regards
  Ashok