Date:      Sat, 08 Aug 2009 23:50:11 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Subject:   Re: virtualbox not building on -current

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:34:16 -0700 Doug Barton wrote:

> Frankly I'm getting a little frustrated that this has
> never worked in HEAD for a lot of users,

Well, I've had just an opposite experience. Virtual box works
for me even when it was not at ports. I've seen many reports
from users and answers from both vitrualbox developer and our
porters...

> including me, and it doesn't
> seem to be getting any attention.

Maybe bad luck? Or was it my good luck? Anyway I have been using
with success:
-----
% uname -a
FreeBSD bb.ipt.ru 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Jul  2 19:24:05 MSD 2009     root@bb.ipt.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BB  i386
[~]bsam@bb% pkg_info -Ix virtualbox
virtualbox-2.2.51.r20457_3 A general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
-----

--
WBR, bsam